Itouch is frozen and I can't do a thing

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by nachos1010, May 17, 2008.

1. nachos1010

nachos1010 New Member

My Installer kept crashing to the springboard, so I decieded to re-jailbreak the itouch. I didn't restore, I just jailbroke it while it was jailbroken. I've done this before and it has cleaned up Installer and deleted my sources and it leaves all my apps the way they are. This time when I did it(using ZIPhone) an error occured. It froze on the screen right before it is done jailbreaking it. The screen says "Installing base apps" and has a picture of Zorro, the guy with a sword and is dressed in black with a hat. Since it just stayed on that screen I unpluged the itouch form the computer. I've tried to turn it off. The power off slider won't even appear. So I can't turn it off. Itunes won't even detect it when I have it plugged into the computer. I'm screwed. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.
  2. IpodTouchKid93

IpodTouchKid93 New Member

Might just have to wait for you battery to die and then try charging it back up. (I don't really know, it's never happen to me YET)
  3. nachos1010

nachos1010 New Member

But every time it starts up ziphone uploads the files and jailbreak stuff and it says error a couple of times. Then it goes to the picture of Zorro the guy in the black clothes. Is my itouch screwd forever, can it ever be fixed? Please give me some more HELP.
  4. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Um, no?

Try holding the HOME + POWER button for more than 6 seconds, see if that works.
  5. nachos1010

nachos1010 New Member

but it wont even really turn on. It just uploads the ZIPhone jailbreak files and then a picture of Zorro appears, the man with the black clothes and it says "Installing Base apps..." Can i still restore it?
  6. nachos1010

nachos1010 New Member

7. bikou

bikou New Member

I'm having the EXACT same problem as you. and have tried the Home+Power switch thing over 10 times. it hasn't done anything for me. Even when my ipod touch isn't plgged in it still runs those scripts down the screen as if i pressed Jailbreak on the ZiPhone program and freezes at the picture of Zorro. Help? =(
  8. bikou

bikou New Member

should i restore to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4??? supposably .4 works and runs a bit better when jailbroken. also which shold i use to re-jailbreak. ZiPhone or iLiberty. i'm not trusting ZiPhone much right now after what just happened..lol
  9. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Use ZiPhone, just don't unplug it, which was what you probably didn when u wernt supposed to

Please Register or Log in to view images

and it started supporting the ipod fyi
  10. Lyz

Lyz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this happened to me too- the ecxact same prblem

i think u unplugged ur ipod or killed ziphone and/or quit itunes

to fix this, sht down ur ipod forcefully, by holding the home and power buttons

then relaes the power button and keep hodling down the home button

then itll open up in itunes and then restore it

bottom line- when jailbreaking it let it be! dont screw wit it let ziphone do its thing