iTouch freezes during restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ryuzai, Apr 19, 2010.

1. ryuzai

ryuzai New Member

I was on the Maps app (the one that came w/ the iPod) and I was typing in an address then my iPod(2g) flashed a white screen on me and got stuck in an infinite reboot loop (boots up w/ the apple, then flashes a white screen, then reboots). Then I tried restarting it manually and it didn't work. I did the thing where you force into the screen w/ the usb cable into the itunes icon (DFU mode?). I tried restoring it and waited for 3.1.3 to download (I was running 3.1.2 i think) and it was working until it showed the apple w/ an empty loading bar. I unplugged it and replugged it and it didn't do anything so I guess it froze. I put it back into DFU mode(?) and keep trying to restore it, but every time I keep getting a frozen ipod w/ the apple and a frozen "spinning" circle and my itunes giving me the 1603 error. I tried a lot of solutions from the internet like restoring to a previous version, that doesn't work. I tried Apple's troubleshoot page too. My warranty is also over, so... Any thoughts? I hope it's not bricked :x
  2. Volcomstone000095

Volcomstone000095 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Dude, How long did you wait before you unplugged it? You should have just let the iPod do it's thing!!
  3. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You shouldn't have unplugged it during the restore process.
  4. ryuzai

ryuzai New Member

Did I brick it? :/ or is their a way to undo what I did?
  5. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try another computer and if nothing works, then I don't know.
  6. Soviet iPod

Soviet iPod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ..wow is all i have to say NEVER unplug your ipod...and you werent in DFU mode, thats recovery =)...anyways along time ago i royally owned my iPod by accident playing with mobile installation files and such, wait no that was the first time...error code 1603 i believe is the usb timing error...plug in your ipod...let itunes come up and if thats when get the error then closes itunes..wait 5 seconds and reopen it that should put them in sync..it worked when i screwed my iPod the second time...i thought it was done for and let it sit for 2months..then one day came back to it =) hope this helps if not gimme more details