iOS 4.0 itouch crashes

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kingd, Aug 4, 2010.

1. kingd

kingd New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hoping someone can help me..i have an itouch 3g 8gb..i jailbroke it on 4.0 using jailbreakme. after i jailbreak it my itouch freezes and wont fix. i have to restore it every time it happens. i've done this about 5 times so far.anybody else have this problem?
  2. tshah21

tshah21 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nope, but on the thing on the side, it says you have a 2G iPod Touch 8GB 3.0 jailbroken. Which one do I believe?
  3. kingd

kingd New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    oo lol i havent changed that i will now
  4. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Are you using any backup program to restore your cydia apps or something??
    Cause maybe you have an app that isnt working in IOS4 and that's making your Ipod crash...
  5. kingd

kingd New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it seems like i download something and it just stops working it keeps going into safe mode and wont get out of it..im trying to restore it to 3.12 or something
  6. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Its hard to get perspective on numbers, because people tend to post if they're having problems more often than if everything is OK.

Comex and the iphone team did a great job.

But it seems that the JB (and/or subsequent apps from Cydia) causes glitches and crashes in many devices.
    So if you are just a non-technical user and not a tinkerer, and you have no desire for something specific from Cydia (many of the apps there are incompatible with OS4 anyway), I would not recommend jailbreaking.

I think that because this JB is SO MUCH easier than previous ones, more people are doing it, even those who are not tinkerers and have not JB in the past. That is probably the main reason for all of the problems reported.

I have to admit that I was tempted, especially given the easy process directly from the device. But given my experience with JB in the past, and from everything that I have seen on this forum, I do not plan on JBing. There is simply nothing in Cydia that really makes it compelling for me.

Apple may have a point in their rigid control of the device, when they say "it just works". When your Idevice is not JB-- it just works. When its JB, you'll have incompatibilities, crashes, and slowed performance.