Itouch cannot be restored need help....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pablos696, Nov 2, 2008.

1. pablos696

pablos696 New Member

First of all i did not attempt to jailbreak this itouch

and the problem started when....

I was adding new songs to my itouch then all of a sudden everything on my itouch was deleted. Then itunes tells me i have to update and restore my itouch so i do it. After i wait a while for the download to finish, it said cannot restore ipod Error 9 or something so i check the website and stuff. A minute later i picked up the ipod and it was warm and then the screen turns black. After that it wouldnt turn on and when i try to reconnect to my computer it says unknown device and the computer only detects the ipod when i put it to DFU mode and nothing else. Recent attempts to restore the ipod everytime itunes says software is unvailable and i need the latest version of itouch even tho i have 8.01. I have tried many solutions, reinstall itunes, hold buttons etc. i have read online but so far no solutions that worked.

anyone has an idea please tell me...

if nothing works i guess ill just have to replace it for a new one....
  2. ollieifone

ollieifone New Member

If its getting warm then u are best to take it in as it will cause further problems even if u restore.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm so you were just adding songs to it....um i guess what probly happened is that you dont have manully use songs music checked in itunes so it probly was syncing your ipod and then u may have disconnect it or somthing and it probly mess everything up but i dont know about the restore thing but if its as bad as you say just bring it to the apple store ...
  4. Crmjohnson

Crmjohnson New Member

My co-worker had that problem and took her's back for a replacement.