itouch battery question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JeepJunkieIFFA, May 8, 2008.

1. JeepJunkieIFFA

JeepJunkieIFFA New Member

I am not a newbie to electronics however this is my first ipod of any kinda and its an itouch 16gig. When i receieved it in the mail and turned it on it showed a full battery. I know that electronics have a bad habit of developing a memory if you dont let the initial partial charge wear down and then give it a really really good charge. however mine apparently came fully charged cause i have been trying to kill it without putting music on it so that the first time i plug it in will be a really long good charge. however just browsing the internet is killing this thing so slowly and i really wanna put some music on it but im also a little paranoid that it will develop a memory if i dont run it all the way down first. so the ? is should i run it down or would it prolly be alright if i went ahead and plugged it in to put music on there?
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I didnt really understand that AT ALL, but whenever you get a new piece of electronic, you should leave it on (turn off auto lock) until it drains all the way and then charge it fully. Or leave music playing all day/night. It only slightly reduces battery life if you don't, and if you get any battery problems, just drain and recharge.
  3. JeepJunkieIFFA

JeepJunkieIFFA New Member

that is basically my questions is should i drain this thing and recharge it fully? ive been trying to do it without putting music on it because putting music on it require a plug in which would charge it so yes that kinda answered the questions. ill try your way and turn auto lock off and see if this thing will drain tonight then charge it and put music on it then let it sit until i leave town tomorrow night. thanks for the reply