Itouch actually bricked?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whitewizard, Jun 28, 2010.

1. whitewizard

whitewizard New Member

k before you all say OMG NOOB U CANT BRICK A ITOUCH
    I've read forums done research ikno how to put it in dfu mode i did all that so im not some stupid guy whos just got a itouch and doesn't know how to turn it on or off
    I have a Itouch 1stG(ya its pretty old ik) i jailbroke it a twice suddenly the itouch kept on turning off by it self and won't do anything for a few hours then somehow turns itself on i thought it was the jailbreak overheating my itouch or something so i tried to unjailbreak it by restoring it what i didn't kno is that i had 2 put it in dfu mode or there is a chance that u can mess up ur itouch well thats exactly what i did. the weird thing is the first few days once i press restore the screen will light up and show the progress bar(restoring) with the apple logo then it'll say error (some random numbers) after a few days the itouch started to run out of battery really fast. like if charge it all night and just leave it it'll run out of battery once i plug it in to charge the itouch it'll show the big battery sign and with a little red becuz it just started to charge after that it'll ONLY SOMETIMES go to the DFU mode picture like the adaptor with a arrow and itunes icon. When i try to restore while its in "dfu mode"(idk if it is in dfu mode cuz i did the manual dfu mode thing a bunch of times and the screen didnt turn on but the computer beeped a bunch of time) it'll give me error 1600 but after a week nothing like NOTHING happens the background light doesnt even turn on but the weird thing is itunes still recongizes the itouch as a itouch just in recovery mode I've tried all the jailbreaks and all say "waiting for itouch/iphone" or something like that so somebody PLZZZZZZ help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow long read, try DFU restore, it you see something on the screen then you messed up. The screen needs to be black when your in DFU mode.
  3. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try a dfu restore, as J-Phone said. And if that doesn't work, afraid your iPod is well and truly messed up. Of course, you could send it back to apple for repairs, but I'd say the repairs would probably be expensive. Best to get a new iPod touch.
  4. iptouch3g

iptouch3g Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Long read.

Well that's odd.

DFU seems to do it everytime.
  5. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  6. whitewizard

whitewizard New Member

i tried on 2 diff windows xp one mac and one windows 7 weird thing is the mac makes the itouch turn on more(as i said sometimes it turns on sometimes it doesn't) but with my windows xp or windows 7 or even the wall charger the screen won't turn on so it could be in dfu mode but the restore always says error 1601 do anyone know like a software that can fix this? because i tried some jailbreaking software but none of the detected my itouch. Even thought itunes does(the itouch does not show up in "my computer"
  7. AssassinXCV

AssassinXCV Banned

ya, um, right, there, when, you, said, that you went into DFU mode and that there was the itunes logo and the usb and the arrow thing..... Dude that isn't DFU more that is recovery mode.... DFU mode is when the screen is STILL OFF and NO Backlight.

it's best when you go into DFU mode that you have your ipod connected so that you know when it is connected when it beeps EVEN though the ipod look like it is off.
  8. whitewizard

whitewizard New Member

well now it doesnt turn on...at all so its in dfu mode what do i do now?
  9. Jhnny

Jhnny Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you go to itunes and restore.
  10. whitewizard

whitewizard New Member

ya thats the part
    it keeps on sayin error 1601