itouch 4 or android tablet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by baghead1013, Jul 11, 2010.

1. baghead1013

baghead1013 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have an itouch 2g 8gb and i am trying to decide on getting the itouch 4g once it comes out and keeping the itouch i have now for jailbreaking or getting an android tablet (lots of android tablets are coming out later this year and im waiting till then anyway) if i get an android tablet i will keep my itouch 2g as my ipod but im afraid my itouch 2g will become outdated( well, more than it is now)

is android customization and apps better than a jailbroken ipod touch

is android good for apps

do you think android is going farther than apples ios

•if i do get an android tablet i will get one with android 2.2 (froyo)

so what do you think i should do??
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I'd like to first point out that I don't own an Android device. Android seems like a nice OS and I'd love to own an Android device, but right now, the OS doesn't seem good enough. I mean, I've watched reviews of Android phones on youtube they always seem a little sluggish or the UI just doesn't seem very reactive.

In terms of customization, I don't know since I don't own an Android device. You can probably customize it, but I don't know how much you can customize or how easy/difficult it is.

From what I've heard, for apps, Google doesn't have an approval process, which is somewhat good, but it also means that there will be a lot of crappy apps. But I'm not saying that there aren't any quality apps, but I just think that right now, Apple has better apps.

I think there is a possibility that Android surpasses iOS, but not right now.

I think you should wait until you find a tablet (or tablets) that you like and watch several reviews/though/overviews of those tablets and then make your decision. Don't rush into and do some research on products that you like.
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    iPod Touch. I find the Android OS just doesn't "cut it", where this is because I ran it on a 3G I don't know. The UI just seems slow and unusable.

Also the Android Market can in no way compare to the App Store, you'll find much more use from an iPod Touch than you will from an Android Tablet.
  4. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah, scrolling seems so glitchy on it, it like studders.
  5. baghead1013

baghead1013 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea i think i am leaning on just getting a ipod touch 4 once it comes out and use it for all my media and normal app store apps (my primary ipod touch) and using my old 8gb 2g as my jailbroken one

assuming the next itouch is good ill get it
    if its not i might go android and i might want to wait till android advanced a little bit and becomes more officialized

so its up to you apple, do you want me to get android, or do you want me to stay with you, if you want me to stay with you then you might want to make a good itouch 4 (camera, retina display, more ram, a4 chip etc etc)
  6. rightperspective

rightperspective Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yeah get the iTouch 4. i'm going 2 trade mine in this fall for one.

But if u really want a tablet, get an iPad.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    The Dev Teams and modifications for each Android device is far beyond what iPods are though. Android is really a developers/modder/hackers dream. Of course, Android would run like crap on a device it is not native towards.

@baghead The newer tablets/phones all coming out spec wise usually top the iDevices specs so far. I know we do not know the specs of the 4G touch yet. Heck, even the power of the recently released Samsung Galaxy S graphics wise puts the iPhone 4 in its place.

http://androidcommunity.com/hummingbird-graphics-processor-galaxy-s-20100327/
  8. baghead1013

baghead1013 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah but trading an ipod touch 8 gb wont get me much money so im gonna keep mine for jailbreaking and use my itouch 4 (probably gonna get a 32 gb) as my primary device and not jailbreak it
  9. The Burrito

The Burrito New Member

I'm getting the Notion Ink Adam when it comes out later this year. That thing looks so sick, and I'm tired of Apple. I want me some open source action so I dont have to worry about all this jailbreak BS. The 1 thing I will miss from my IPT is iBooks.
  10. rightperspective

rightperspective Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    @baghead1013: I know you aren't going to trade yours, but i'm just talking about myself. I'm going to use warrantly claims to get a new 4g for free. HAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, my iTouch continues to cut itself off and i'm getting pretty sick of it.