iTouch 3G restoring help, weird problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crazy8cs, Aug 13, 2010.

1. crazy8cs

crazy8cs New Member

Okay, I borrowed my cousins "broken" itouch to try and fix it. I am moderately tech savvy so I already knew I had to restore it.When ever I powered it on it showed the usb cable pointing to "itunes". I download itunes on my pc, update to latest version, put itouch in restore mode (correctly) and restore using the latest and legit .ispw. The itouch works fine, I put some music on it just to make sure, and as I'm listening to music it just shuts off. After I turn it back on it shows that it has to be plugged back into a computer with itunes again, so I do it again and do the same thing and it works for half a day and then same thing, randomly shuts down and needs to be restored. So I restore it like 3 more times and SAME EXACT THING. The 4th time I try to restore it gives me the (2009) error and my itouch screen is frozen with pink lines from top to bottom going across diagonally. If anyone has any advice feel free to share, I'm pretty desperate to get this thing to work again.

Here's the screen:

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    That device needs to be replaced. That does NOT sound like software problems.
  3. Monkey__Spanker

Monkey__Spanker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Look minside the headphone port with a lite see it the little dot is wight or red if it's red it has water damage and apple will not fix it for free

4. crazy8cs

crazy8cs New Member

WTF!? I try to restore it again after the pink screen and it works fine for the whole day and today as I'm listening to music it shuts off and wont turn on unless it's in restore mode.
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You need to get it replaced. There is no other option that will make it better.