Itouch 3g loose screen issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Swenpaylay, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Swenpaylay

Swenpaylay New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ive read other threads regarding this issue but i have a few questions to prep me for returning my touch. The loose screen problem began about a week ago. Now it has gotten subtly worse and worse. At first the issue was only aesthetic but now it is causing problems with my headphone jack. Whenever i press the home button the music gets tinny and digitized sounding. Sometimes i even have to hold the screen down to get the full sound. It sucks and my touch is only a few weeks old so clearly im going to take it to the apple store for replacement. A few questions regarding the exchange:

Do i need my original packaging and receipt? I wont have it as its at my house ten hours away from seattle, where im doing the exchange.

Will they give me a brand new touch headphones and all? My headphone plug came bent so that might be part of the issue. I want to avoid getting a refurb.

Thanks in advance. Any advice helps.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh ya and im also wondering if theyll load the data onto the replacement? Also...is there a way i can erase my touch without a computer? My mbp is also ten hours away.
  2. yohanns23

yohanns23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i dont think you need the packaging...just carry it incase...but the receipt is a must...i hope you still have your warranty...they will mostly replace everything...and make sure...you backup all your stuff...
  3. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

only need the ipod if you already showed to proof of purchase online
    bring earbuds if you want them replaced

you better have backed up your ipod before, and to erase, go to settings app -> general -> Reset -> Erase all
  4. Swenpaylay

Swenpaylay New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks guys. Receipts a must ey? Well its ten hours away and its a best buy receipt as i dont have an apple store in my town. The best buy receipt will work? With an apple warranty registered online what necessitates the receipt? Thanks again in sdvance...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    How would i show proof of purchase online? By registering the serial number on the apple site as i did? The thing is def under warranty just confused as to how i should prove it to the apple store when i dont have a receipt and i bought it at best buy...

Ok i just checked my serial number on the apple site and it says im covered for another ten months. Do i still need a best buy receipt for an exchange?
  5. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    1 - Make an appointment:
    http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/
    2 - Walk into Apple store a bit early with an in warranty and fully RESTORED/cleaned/non-jailbroken iPod and any accessories that seem problematic (headphones, sync cable, etc.)
    3 - Explain your issue and expect to get a new unit in plastic packaging

They use the serial number from the back of the device. You don't need a receipt.
  6. Swenpaylay

Swenpaylay New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you so much!
  7. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No problem! Tell me how it goes

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    We are praying for your iPod! :3 should go fine...as long as you backed up and restored if it was jailbroken...
  9. Swenpaylay

Swenpaylay New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the prayers. Should work. Im having my friend email me a copy of the receipt just in case. Ill know the outcome a week from today as im in france until then. Its a shame about the ipod...the headphone jack gets worse by the day...i have to hold the screen down to even hear anything. Otherwise its been a fantastic travel companion. The google maps feature has saved me several times.
  10. Swenpaylay

Swenpaylay New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm happy to report that I received a brand new ipod touch as replacement for the one mentioned here. No receipt was needed, and the new unit came with an extra 90 days added to my warranty, so somehow, I have a warranty until may of 2011, which is a year and 6 months from my original purchase. The guy at the store told me that the replacements they give out come from a different assembly line, not the large scale, sending out to best buy and amazon line. The unit is a little bit different. There is a piece of black plastic in the headphone slot which wasn't there before, it makes for a better connection. Everything is so far so good. Thanks again for your advise.