Itouch 3G is eating battery fast

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Loanshark, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Loanshark

Loanshark New Member

It seems like there must be something running while it's in my pocket... I surfed the net for 20 minutes yesterday and at the end of the day I was down to 50% battery... Is there a way to tell what's running, or ??? I'm puzzled.
  2. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Close all tabs when done with Safari; it runs in the background if you have at least one tab open. How often do you use your iPod?
  3. Loanshark

Loanshark New Member

Okay new issue now, the old one seems to have resolved itself by the way...

Now for the new issue. Last night I turned on my itouch and i imediatly got the 20% battery life warning. Decided to surf the net for a bit anyway, and the battery life climbed back up to ~50% roughly. This morning I put it on the charger, got the notification chime and the lightning bolt charge indicator, but the battery level doesn't rise, it stays red... Please help.
  4. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Reboot it, let it die, recharge it to FULL battery, then let it die COMPLETELY again. That will re-callibrate the battery, and it will give a much more accurate reading. Then charge it to use it

Please Register or Log in to view images

only charge the battery when it's well below 20%, and try to charge it all the way. That will really help the battery life.
  5. Loanshark

Loanshark New Member

I let it die twice, charged it all night and battery life is at 10%... now what?
  6. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try restoring. Download a whole new firmware before you restore. Once you finish, see how the battery goes. If it's still screwed up, it's likely damaged at the hardware level and needs replacement.
  7. Loanshark

Loanshark New Member

Thanks for your help Jakeman... The firmware update seems to have done the trick...
  8. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch