Itouch 3G Internet Through USB without WIFI

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by caracal, Nov 15, 2009.

1. caracal

caracal New Member

Hi All,

I was able to follow this tutorial
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202656

with the Itunnel posted on here
    http://www.[PIRACY].com/showthread.php?t=2999

and get the Internet on my ITouch 3G working through USB, however I still had to connect to a Wifi network.

Does anyone know of a hack to somehow simulate that the ITouch is connected to a wifi without actually being connected?

Anybody we can contact to maybe develop this hack? I see there is quite a lot of interest in using Internet through USB, but no real solutions yet. Everything is so much faster through the USB ssh tunnel than Wifi.
  2. arithmatics

arithmatics Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That method you specified needs the wifi network just for an appearance. as in it technically doesn't connect to that wifi network. it just needs it to appear in the wifi networks list so that you can connect to your internet via usb. so practically just go somewhere where theres wifi and have it (the network) appear on your ipt and quickly run back home and continue the steps. thats what i did. luckily my neighbours wifi which is locked is right next door so i can just take his.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. caracal

caracal New Member

Hi arithmatics,

I know the network is just a dummy so the Itouch will recognize that it has internet and allow it to work through USB.. On my Itouch 3g, it doesn't work to use a locked network from the neighbors.. it has to be really connected, otherwise it give an error message and never shows any bars on the Wifi. If the connection is lost, it stops working.

I think the 2g might work, but they probably "fixed it" to not work any more on the 3g

Please Register or Log in to view images