iTouch 3g - how to control music player?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 121adx, Jan 4, 2010.

1. 121adx

121adx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    All,

Problem: Music player on iTouch 3g - can not figure out how to
    move within file as it is playing. 'slide forward
    or back, but not to end of file'

I have managed to download a series of lectures to my iTouch 3g, 64gb, 3.?). These lectures are 1hr + each (25 different tracks total, 30+ hrs.).

When using my laptop and iTunes to play each file, there is a slider bar located at the top which I use to back-up, move forward within the lecture. e.g. I want to hear that last five minutes over again.

The iTouch does not have this slider (or simply the complete Newbie operating the thing has not got a clue where it is or how to turn it on). The iTouch has only >>/ and \<< and II controls on page interface. (go to end of file, go to beginning of file, pause)

Could an experienced user please direct me on how to activate the 'slider bar' and the little dot on the iTouch when playing a music file?

It is killing me to have to start each lecture all over again, from the beginning of the file, each time. I want to be able to move forward thru the file, but not jump all the way to the end.

Much thanks.
    121adx
  2. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    just tap once on the album art or a blank media art n a seek bar will be displayed along with repeat, shuffle n genius buttons. Now just drag the seek left or right to move to n fro... It's that simple. Have u even start listening to music?
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    If you on the lockscreen you won't see a slider. If your on the music player just tap the screen and you'll see it.
  4. 121adx

121adx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sam Rock & Tkf1,

VERY MUCH THANKS! It took me a couple of tries to get the tapping thing down. But I now can see the slider control. I know many will snicker at my little problem, but I have not had my hands on an Apple product since the IIE. Nice to know there's a place to learn without getting flamed for inexperience.
    -121adx
  5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini

Your welcome. If you need anything else just ask it here.
  6. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

ya u r welcome

Please Register or Log in to view images

... I was a newbie some months ago, now I'm kinda expert on all the things related to iPhones/iPod.Touch. u'll be like me someday xD!