iTouch 3G compatible replacement battery?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodbaracuda, Apr 18, 2010.

1. ipodbaracuda

ipodbaracuda New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 3G (A1318/MC008LL) and it seems like the battery is getting a bit worn out. I have previous replaced the battery in my old 1st gen iTouch succefully.
    The problem is that I cannot find any information what battery I should use in my 3G. I have googled and searched all over. All places I found that sells replacements batteries only supports 1st and 2nd generation Touch. I have asked some of these sites but they do not have a clue. I do not feel like taking my iPod apart just to see the model number of the battery. Personally I am confident that the 2nd generation battery will do. But before I go ahead I would like to get it confirmed.

Anybody that knows? Or point me to some link that I may have missed.

Thanks.
  2. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
  3. ipodbaracuda

ipodbaracuda New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, this is helpful. Thanks. I can see on the image that the battery part number is 616-0471 and it looks identical to 2G iTouch battery. The battery for 2G iTouch has part number 616-0401 or 616-0404 and seems to be available just about everywhere. But I cannot find one site that offers to sell the 3G battery. Why is that? Am I the only person on the planet that has an exhausted 3G battery and does not feel like getting a refurbished replacement?

I will keep searching. If I cannot find the 3G battery I will just have to try the 2G battery.
  4. echamp1

echamp1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    my iPod touch 3g also seems to have a pretty weak battery life as well. I've been considering replacing it myself, but I don't have much experience sodering. Would you say it's a difficult sodering job?

By the way, I'm interested in replacing the battery with a higher capacity battery. Any thoughts on that?
  5. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes, pretty difficult...
    If you have never soldered before, I would just take it to Apple, or to someone who replaces these professionally/daily.
  6. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if its still in warranty dont you get it replaced free cause i did back in the era of the 1g touch and i just had my 2g replaced for battery but i had to pay the 80 for the cost of the battery but got a whole new ipod
  7. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yup, if it's in warranty you can get it replaced free of cost, unless they find waterdamage..