iTouch 3G Blackra1n Tethered Jailbreak Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bipolarbear, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Bipolarbear

Bipolarbear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    We all know how to use blackra1n but what you may not know is a tethered jailbreak requires to leave your itouch/iphone on all the time drains the battery causing your battery life to slowly diminish. It is rumored that GreenPois0n from Chronic Dev will not be released until mid June. How will this problem be fixed and why can't won't they release it sooner.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    What? Your battery life doesn't diminish any faster? It diminishes like any battery would and does.
  3. Bipolarbear

Bipolarbear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    every time you let it die you batery life gets about 45 seconds less. leaving it on all the time and charginging it and never turning it off constantly runs the battery in turn waring it down.
    turning your system off gives your battery a chance to cool down and rest thus forth perserving battery life.
  4. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry to burst your bubble.

Usually, I don't try to correct members who never looked for me, but your information is rather inaccurate.

First off, 45 sec shaving every time the battery dies is highly impossible to believe.

More so, as a person who is minoring in chemistry, I must say that Lithium-ion batteries don't work like that.

During the old days of Nickel memory based batteries, every recharge, would affect battery life, especially if the battery was low, but not dead.

However, Lithium-ion is able to withhold a strong charges without battery deterioration. Seeing how lithium-ions share high resonance structure, the charge is usually transferred throughout the battery. Hence the reason why charging a partly charged battery won't affect the battery's life. In fact, the same batteries found in the ipod touch is usually found in many (almost all) laptops [lithium-ions].

Now with that being said, there is battery deterioration involved in lithium ions, usually because of its 1/2 life.

Once it reaches its half life (# of times charging, doesn't affect the half life) via half life decay, then your battery is reduced. That is why laptop batteries dies after 4 years.

Also, heat can reduce the life time of the battery in spite of lithium high boiling point. This overheating affect can be achieved if the sensor inside the ipod doesn't stop charging at full charge. If this is the case, then the entropy of the battery will be high, and heat will cause early decay.

Hope I help clear some things up.
  5. Bipolarbear

Bipolarbear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    very well then thank you for clearing up my mistake. but what exactly is the 1/2 life of a lithium ion
  6. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well it depends, on what type of lithium ions is being used, and under what solution its in.

Personally, I do not know what solution or what type of lithium is used in this battery. However, a typical (loosely defined) lithium ion battery has a 1/2 life of four years.

However, it could be longer or shorter (depending on the make of the batteries).

In the end, this is a question to ask Apple. XD
  7. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia New Member

Your iPod Touch in sleep mode consumes very little battery anyway. So there's little advantage in constantly powering your iPod Touch off and then back on again to use it.