iTouch 2nd Gen 8GB [Problems]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OpticaL, Jul 24, 2010.

1. OpticaL

OpticaL New Member

So, i went to upgrade to 4.0 and for some reason, it stopped in the middle. I let it sit plugged in for about 5 hours with no progress.
    Now when i plug it in, iTunes says it has recognized the ipod in recovery mode. Whenever i try to restore, it only goes to "Preparing iPod for restore" Then the iPod reboots itself. I think this may be a hardware error. But i have tried restoring in DFU mode. And also tried downgrading the firmware to restore. Without being plugged in, only pressing the on/off button, the apple logo appears, then the connect to itunes image appears.

I am getting mainly the error #21 when restoring.

If any one can help or give me any advice on how to at least attempt to fix it some other way, it would be greatly appreciated. I just hope it isn't bricked =\
  2. Joelthecool

Joelthecool New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download Recboot it will put ur ipod in recovery and out of it and then when its out try again?
  3. OpticaL

OpticaL New Member

Thanks, i'll try that right now.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I downloaded recboot, it kicked it out of recovery mode, but automatically entered it again. This ipod has never been jailbroken. I'm trying to restore right now, it's just sitting at the apple logo with the loading spin thing.

It quit loading and gave me an error. The iPod "iPod" could not be restored due to an unknown error (1603)