iTouch 2G, Tethered jailbroken -BRICKED

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kevin12331, Feb 15, 2009.

1. kevin12331

kevin12331 New Member

fixed and on ^^ thanks for the help everyone that posted here

Please Register or Log in to view images

greatly appreciated!
  2. Demonshade

Demonshade New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yea realise tethered doesnt mean you need to just plug it in to the computer right??? You have to type in commands or use a booting program.....
  3. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can take that iTouch and f*** it. its called an iPod Touch

and you have to acaully use a booting thing

and this is the wrong section, how is this an application?
  4. kevin12331

kevin12331 New Member

yes but thats the problem id be fine off using a command prompt but my computer wont recognize the itouch so i cant run it from my computer, and ontop of all of that my touch wont turn on to the screen where i can get in manually to run commands.

im not really sure how this is an application but there were no support sections under the jailbroken section.

can I somehow use a booter even though my windows isnt picking up my touch through the usb drive?
  5. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's not going into DFU. Try holding the home button a couple seconds longer.
  6. kevin12331

kevin12331 New Member

as ive said before, the device "wont turn on" so i cant hold the power/home button and put it into DFU mode
  7. ipodtouch12321

ipodtouch12321 New Member

it doesnt have to be on to put it into DFU mode

i have this trouble alot just plug it into a diffrent computer then unplug it and put it into the computer you were using before then boot it
  8. kevin12331

kevin12331 New Member

I did that I put it into 2-3 computers, but I didnt try what you suggested above, I will later. What im really concerned about is the fact that my computer wont pick up my ipod so im not sure what to do to get it to turn on again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I thought that it was supposed to turn on, and I use my boot/tether software to get past the "please connect to itunes" screen
  9. JuDaS009

JuDaS009 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nah man it dont have to be turned on at all. When you plug it in your computer probably says the device cant be recognized right? Well that's when you do the power button home thing until you here the little device connected noise. Then it is in DFU mode. Im almost positive its not bricked. i don't know ow it could possibly become bricked from installing apps. So just read up on DFU if my post didnt help cause thats all it needs is to be in DFU.
  10. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak New Member

go download the voltage boot tool and use the boot guide . you actually have to hold it , like really , realy hold it for 10 secs and 8 secs , nothing less . and you don`t see a difference either , when it`s in DFU , the screen looks exactly the same as if it was off .