iTouch 2G MC MODEL FIRMWARE DOWNGRADE TUTORIAL

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Ivanmontelongo, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Ivanmontelongo

Ivanmontelongo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well it wasn't completely me. I took the information of other websites, including from here. And some youtube videos and made my own method. I tested it twice already. I successfully did it both times and I just made a tutorial video on how to do it.

This is made with iTunes 9.2 and a 8 gig 2g MC model iTouch!

Here is the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhI7t34uqk0
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah I see no link. Also for an MC 8GB, you can just shift restore to a lower firmware
  3. Ivanmontelongo

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried restoring to 3.1.3 it did not let me.
  4. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

Will try this tomorrow and if it don't work, I'll take you down to Chinatown.

Ivan, because they stopped signing 3.1.3 so you couldn't go back to it.
  5. metalmilitia

metalmilitia Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    They didn't stop signing 3.1.3 because the 1st gen iPod Touch and iPhone 2g can't upgrade higher to 3.1.3. They can't stop signing that firmware. They might stop signing 4.0 soon cause they might release 4.0.1 soon. I recommend backing up your SHSH blobs before the upgrade..
  6. Ivanmontelongo

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The downgrade is supposed to be on firmware 3.1.2 not 3.1.3 What I meant when I said that 3.1.3... I don't know.. actually I don't remember what i was talking about. But this is meant to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.2 because this isn't working for 3.1.3 for some reason.
  7. Danielcg

Danielcg Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a iPod Touch 2G MC 8GB with iOS4, it came with iOS 3.1.3, but i screwed it up with cydia and installing packages that were ment for 4.0 (Stupidest idea ever.) iTunes wouldent let me restore to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 so i tried 4.0 and it worked so i tried downgrading to 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 and that didnt work so now im stuck with 4.0 and as far as I know 4.0 isint jailbreakable for my device. How do I fix this?????? or how do i jailbreak it? FIXED:: I jailbroke using www.jailbreakme.com