iOS 4.1 Itouch 2g mb 3.1.2 jailbroken and wanting to....

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by DZL1, Sep 29, 2010.

1. DZL1

DZL1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Upgrade to 4.x.

What do I need to do. Obviously I want to re jailbreak. When I open Cydia it says across the top: SHSH iOS 4.0, 4.02. I think those are the blobs saved by cydia for my device? Do I need that if I want to upgrade and rejailbreak? Ive read that theres a jailbreak for 4.0 but apple stop signing so I have to wait for 4.1 jailbreak? What software is needed to jailbreak 4.x? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DZL1.
  2. TXF001

TXF001 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As far as I know, if you want to upgrade or downgrade to a firmware that isn't the newest one(4.1)..you need the SHSH blob for the specific firmware you want to go to..if you want to change to 3.1.2, you need the 3.1.2 shsh
  3. FaL LeGeNd

FaL LeGeNd Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I would say, if you're on Windows, don't upgrade, because if you wanted to jailbreak you would have to use *shudders* sn0wbreeze. And that is very unstable. If you are on a Mac, you have the ok to upgrade because you can use *smiles* redsn0w. Which is much more stable and a better JB overall.
  4. DZL1

DZL1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok thanks for the info. And yes im running windows 7. I will wait for redsnow. So do i upgrade via itunes first and them jailbreak? Or different method? Thanks again.

DZL1.
  5. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually, 3.1.2 is the last iOS to not require SHSH blobs, especially on MB devices and I think for MC devices as well.

So you can always reinstall it, but I would wait for a stable 4.1 JB to be released.
  6. DZL1

DZL1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Cool, but still wanting to know if i should upgrade to 4.1 via itunes and then wait for redsnow jailbreak? Or just wait ?

DZL1.