iTouch 2G is bricked! I follow tutorial to recover but cannot get white screen!HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gintas, Oct 15, 2009.

1. gintas

gintas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So heres the deal.

I recently jailbroke my itouch 2g running on 2.2.1 firmware. I installed the app logo something that changes the white apple at the beginning to a pic of your choice. I found out later(after bricked) this could mess up your itouch. A few days later I couldnt turn on itouch or have it recognize by my comp. I search the web and youtube for a tutorial to recover my itouch. I finally found a good tutorial. I need two things boothelper and jailbreakhelper. I ran the boot helper (put into DFU mode by holding power/home for 10 secs then let go of power while holding home for 8 secs) heard the chimes from windows and everything (using XP). Then I opened jailbreak helper and went to step 5 like the tutorial says. Clicked on update dfu and got the black flash. Then unplugged then replugged 2 seconds later. It says my ipod should give me a white screen. BUT NO WHITE SCREEN! I need some serious help. Can anyone one plz help me? Thank you.
  2. KennyE

KennyE New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    does it turn on and off? like the light comes on with a black screen or is it complete black no light and nothing happens
  3. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Same thing with my friends iPod. He tried to change the boot logo and it won't turn on nowl.
  4. Shamko

Shamko Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is what you get for not reading the manuals attached to the crap you're about to download (mostly from Cydia).
  5. abakalad

abakalad Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    okay first you need to obtain an ipsw of the firmware (unjailbroken) you want to first restore to. Then while in itunes connect your device and wait for the message to pop up proclaiming itunes has found an ipod in recovery mode. HOLD SHIFT AND CLICK "RESTORE" and select your ipsw of the firmware from the location you downloaded it to. The ipod wll restore. Then jailbreak as you wish to.
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    follow these directions like abakalad said. this is what i did when i jailbroke 2.2.1 a few months ago and used logome. it bricked my iPod. i downloaded the firmware off of some site and shift clicked on restore then it restored to 2.2.1 and hen i rejailbroke it. try this, it should work.
  7. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    first off you cant brick a ipod touch second the itouch isnt a ipod touch its a different product. third just restore and its fixed