iTouch 2G does not work in Truck

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JimmyW, Nov 16, 2008.

1. JimmyW

JimmyW New Member

Hello all,

I have a 2nd Generation iTouch and I have a iPod to Pioneer docking cable in my truck that goes from the back of the Pioneer head unit to the iTouch dock. The problem is not the charging, since I have not even hook that up yet, but its the actual playing of the iTouch. My friend has the 1st Gen. iTouch and his plays fine in my truck through AUX. I also tried another friends 2nd Gen. like mine and it did not play. My iTouch works in my Memorex alarm clock and charges but will not play sound in my Truck. Shouldn't this be playing? Or did apple go and change something. I really hope there is a solution for this.

the link below is the cable I have
    http://www.amazon.com/Direct-iPod-C...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1226117396&sr=1-4
    again, i did not even bother hooking up the charging cords since I want to hear music before I go cutting wires.

also, perhaps this is a solution but I do not know for sure. perhaps someone can give their opinion. below is the link for something that may fix my problem, though i am not sure.

http://scosche.com/products/productID/1667

Any ideas/input iTouch fans?
    Thanks for all your help, I am in my truck a lot and this was a great feature my last iPod classic had....
  2. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Lol, I like your S/N. Very similar to mine. Anyway, I personally would just get an FM receiver. That's what I have going on in my car. But for your situation, you could try the second link, but it may not work. And I don't know about you, but $30 is pricey for me, especially gas the way it is.
  3. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    some accessories are not compatible with the 2nd gen and i think yous might be one of them

Please Register or Log in to view images

... im not sure if theres anything you can do. i still dont have one but i imagine there must be something in the settings you can mess around with... try shutting it down ALL THE WAY (hold down power button for like 5 seconds, slide to power off) then plug the cables in then power on... i guess you may just need to get another way of connecting.
  4. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Why does Apple have to be a b**** about this stuff. It's like they want customers to double dip on everything.
  5. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe they do?
  6. JimmyW

JimmyW New Member

anyone else?
  7. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the 2.2 update is out, try updating and that might fix it...
  8. K9rosie

K9rosie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My mother bought a charger for her iPod Nano and you can hook it up into your car. When I plug it in to my iPod Touch it says "Accessory not supported" or somthing similar to that. Do you get that message?
  9. JimmyW

JimmyW New Member

No it does not even display that. When I hit play, the iPod simply plays from its speakers as if there is a cable plugged into its dock. Just tried it with the 2.2 firmware. Its a no go. I don't know what to do. Try another cable? It has nothing to do with the fact that the iTouch does not support the firewire cable anymore, I don't think. Maybe another cable would work... but what a hassle. APPLE open your ears, quit changing things up.

Clueless....
  10. sainte86

sainte86 New Member

Hi Mate,

Hope I can help. I bought a new iTouch last week, 16GB gen2. I have had for the last few months a 8GB nano 2nd gen, which worked great in my car connected to my Alpine CDA-9847R thru the iPod thing behind the dash, however connecting my iTouch to it. it works, but doesnt charge, I just got off the phone to Alpine who told me that it wont charge even if I replace the lead. Because with the new iphone and itouch the normal 12v that used to charge my nano, wont charge my itouch, it needs 5v. and early next year they plan to release a adapter for alpine units to drop the voltage from 12v to 5v.
    Only way around is to purchase a Alpine iDA-X100 which is designed to work with the touch and phone, but then you have no CD. and costs £279.00 (cheapest £200ish).
    Was also told when I asked that this was something they werent prepared for, so Alpine are not alone, something about USB is fine, if memory serves correct is 5v.

Hope it helps