Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Santro, Oct 11, 2009.
I keep getting a black screen after I get the image of geohost when it was supposed to reboot.
did you try to redownload it?
it wont reboot for me
i dont even get an image of geohost. just goes straight to blank screen until I hold power button for 10 seconds. then its all back to normal. i have XP 32 bit.
you have to upgrade to 3.1 the official one... then you blackra1n it!
Maybe this would help:
Here's the procedure I went through when JB-ing my 2g to 3.1.2.
Before that I was already running a 3.0 firmware.
1. Upgraded iTunes to 9.0.1
2. Downloaded the firmware 3.1.2
3. Installed the new iTunes
4. Put my iPT 2g into DFU mode
5. shift+restore so it will erase everything
6. I set it up as a new iPod (didn't restore my previous backup)
7. Closed my iTunes
8. Ran blackrain (and clicked Make it Rain button)
9. After rebooted, I went to the 2nd page of my device and tapped the blackrain app to install cydia.
That is it.
Trying this, hope it works
Edit: Nope, didn't work
Are you sure you aren't on iPod Touch 3G (the new one with 8GB with firmware 3.1) loaded
I'm sure I have a 2g 3.1.2 8gb.
Separate names with a comma.