it'd be cool if there was a scroll wheel..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by madmallard, Oct 21, 2007.

1. madmallard

madmallard New Member

like on all the other ipods.. someone should integrate and make a custom one..

it would be so much more convenient for volume and fast forward, since those sliders are so small, its impossible 2 get them where you want them, especially the FF.
  2. yonga

yonga New Member

I totally agree. The slider is pretty much worthless if you want to fast forward (or rewind) to a specific point.
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

I don't think it would look that great with a click wheel. I would like to see physical buttons on the side, maybe for volume and pause/play. A virtual click wheel would be pretty cool, here is an example:

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. hurricane284

hurricane284 New Member

that virtual click bar would be sick i think someone should make that
  5. linds

linds New Member

thats the one thing about the touch... it sucks as an mp3 player because you have to take it out of your pocket to do anything.
  6. hurricane284

hurricane284 New Member

well that is why you jailbreak it to have it do more than just play music
  7. yonga

yonga New Member

If this was a world in which I had lots of money I'd use the touch as my super duper small'n'portable computer and videoviewer and buy a nano only for music..
  8. Otherman

Otherman New Member

Apple wants Ipod Touch buyers to know there is a significant between between buying the Iphone and what they are purchasing, so they make the Ipod Touch without some features that the Iphone gets. They have some sort of deal with AT&T for the Iphone (obviously) so they want people to just go for the phone instead and then they're happy because AT&T is happy. I was told though, that the reason they didn't put external volume control on the touch, is because they wanted to emphasize the fact that it is the Ipod Touch and so you must use the touch screen to do anything with it. I don't know if this is true or not but that's what I was told, and if it is true then it wouldn't make sense for apple to be changing that very soon.
  9. linds

linds New Member

thats why I said "as an mp3 player". It's still an iPod, first and foremost, just with a lots of new perks.
  10. SitePlan

SitePlan New Member

I just got a Touch and I never owned an iPod before and I believe Touch is the coolest thing ever. I like the concept of the touch screen, I've seen the scroll wheel, I've tested it before but I wasn't too fond of it - it's just like any other mp3 player out there. But the Touch is a technology breakthrough.