It will probably be a while until winterboard is updated to iOS4

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Fishman9809, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Fishman9809

Fishman9809 Active Member

I am not very happy about it obviously, but I think this will be the case. I've been rooting around in the system images and decrypting them and they all seem to be completely renamed, like AppIconMask.png for example is now IconDarkeningOverlay.png I believe.

I think it'll take a while for saurik to update winterboard because of this.
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wouldnt they just have to change what the pictures replace though? Would that take long?
  3. Fishman9809

Well the thing is it seems they didn't just rename them, they removed some old ones and added some new, different, totally new ones. therefore it wouldn't just be a simple renaming game.
  4. MattPro

MattPro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I don't think it will take too long. I don't think that Winterboard will be made for iOS4 and forward the old image names to the new paths. I think that new themes will be require with the new image names.
    It will take a while for people to figure out all the new image names but that won't hurt winterboard's release speed. Winterboard is dynamic, it can theme any image regardless of whether it's known or not. So people will just have to rename the images in their themes themselves and find any new ones (I mean someone will probably eventually post a list or something but that has nothing to do with how winterboard works).
  5. Fishman9809

theming icons wont be a problem, that is the same, the only problem is UI Images
  6. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Saurik should scrap Winterboard now. Get something different for 4.0 and make it work for the iPad.
  7. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Autumnboard?
  8. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Springboard? Oh wait ..

ANYWAYS

1.) Nothin wrong with winterboard as is.
    2.) The UI paths will change. Duh. It has before. Saurik will just have to enter new paths. That's the easy (and only) part, as long as apple didn't set any anti-winterboard booby traps on us.
  9. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i honestly might not install winterboard on 4.0 ever. All i used it for was a background. (themes make the device laggy) just my opinion, i'm sure plenty of you want themes.
  10. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    It's alright, I think 4.0 looks great, I mean not changing icons will get boring but it's all good for now.