It freezes whenever I use the Keyboard!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Cam, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What am I doing wrong?

1. Go to JailBreakMe on Safari, in 1.1.1. Download AppSnap Installer, and go into Installer when finished.

2. DL OktoPrep and BSD Subsystem. (Even though it says Oktoprep's installing, I have to install OktoPrep to make the Official Dev Team 1.1.2 Jailbreak work.

3. Update to 1.1.2

4. Run the Official Dev Team's 1.1.2 JailBreak.

5. Soft Upgrade to 1.1.3, through the Official Dev Team's way.

Everything works fine until I use the keyboard. It'll freeze up, and I'll have to restore it AGAIN. Is there a better way to Jailbreak to 1.1.3? And explain how I use it.
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Well, first off a soft upgrade is unstable and not even a true jailbreak.

I would recommend you restore to 1.1.4, then download ziphone from here.
    Then, you need to run the program/extract it
    (if on vista make sure to run as an administrator/you may need to run in compatibility mode, XP)
    Then select jailbreak, iPod touch is next to this option
    Now, go into Contacts app as soon as the home screen appears, add new contact, type in random characters, select cancel, then press the home button.
    Now you can add new sources and all this. If you need help on what to install, look in my signature.

gl

btw, 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 are basically the same, and 1.1.4 is the latest firmware
  3. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

or if you want to stay on 1.1.3 then right after you jailbreak open up contacts and just start typing for like a minute in the contacts. make a new one and just type anything then save it. restart you ipod and you can delete the contact after that but try that out and it should work