Issues.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moto617, Feb 26, 2008.

1. moto617

moto617 New Member

Whenever I install something, within the next day my ipot gets messed up. I am able to open apps from the springboard but I cannot do anything with them after that. Like if I touch it, nothing happens. Also, when I hit the sleep button, i can still pretty much see the last page it was on. It's just a little darker. This is really pissing me off. I have to go into Cute FTP and delete files that I recently put in. Plus I droped ipot yesterday and cracked the screen..........(random but still pisses me off) Any help apreciated.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I would advise restoring. People with an issue similar to this have found "relief" in restoring. AlliPodHax had something like this and he restored and it was fine. Sucks about your screen.
  3. moto617

moto617 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I was kinda thinking I would have to restore. Does anybody know how much a new screen costs?
  4. krisis

krisis New Member

They say to send it into apple if a screen is cracked to prevent screwing it up and killing the ipod. I bet its just for money though.

You could restore it and put some music on it and send it and they should repair it or sned you a new one.

If not then screens shouldn't be more than 15-25 bucks.

Check apples site.
  5. krisis

krisis New Member

From what I've seen If you damaged the digitizer its around 125$$ If you have damaged the lcd your looking at 100$$

I haven't seen any screens yet
  6. moto617

moto617 New Member

Ok, thanks. I'll talk to Apple and see what they say.
  7. fredboy

fredboy New Member

I dropped my iPod, and cracked the glass. The LCD was not broken and the touch worked perfectly, just an ugly crack. Apple said that accidental damage was not covered under waranty and that I had one of two options:
    1) Have them repair it at a cost of about $220
    2) Trade it in and get 10% off of my purchase. (makes me want to drop off my 3rd gen)

Since i bought my ipod slightly used on Amazon for $240, I wasn't eager to dish that money out. I am currently attempting to repair the screen and replace the digitizer (part above the LCD that (i believe) detects finger movements. I found the digitizer http://www.order-bulk.com/index.php?osCsid=925a486f37c9ac1f1c577730d48f8f8a
    and will try to install it. Hope this helps.
  8. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What a ripoff

Please Register or Log in to view images