Issues with the (official) new firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by toomuchcaffeine, Jul 12, 2008.

1. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been playing around with the official release of 2.0 since it came out last night and I've noticed quite a few annoying bugs.... For instance, its been restarting by it self for no apparent reason. This usually happens when I'm running or launching AIM. I'm not sure if its related. Anoother problem I've run in to is when I go in to the app store to browse, it freezes up so I have to force-close it and usually about 2 minutes later a notification pops up telling me to sign in to iTunes (even when I'm in other apps.) I imagine this is caused by the notification taking too long to come up which ends up freezing the app store.

Is anyone else having problems? If so I think we can expect a 2.1 update very soon..
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Here comes 2.0.1...

AppStore crashes sometimes too...
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    ive never had app store crash, but sometimes it dosnt load the data and just says cant connect to iStore, also ive noticed a problem with the keyboard. It some times just replaces words automatically without showing the little thing.
  4. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah i hope it doesnt happen to me! im just about to upgrade.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    but just imagine what itd be like without all those betas. like if wed got it on march 6th itd probably been a nightmare!!
  5. wshelter

wshelter New Member

Youtube doesn't wotk on mine, says "needs to be connected to the internet" when it is connected and just quits
  6. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

Not a huge issue, but one that I've experienced nonetheless: whenever I'm typing passwords, the last letter entered does not get coded into the little dots for 2 or 3 seconds. For example, if I'm typing "ipodtouchfans" as a password, it shows up as ************s for several seconds before the s gets converted into a dot.
  7. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    but did you pay for it or just download it off the apple website?
  8. dmgmonster1

dmgmonster1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    does anyone no how to take ur screenshots off ur ipod and onto ur computer
  9. jrcdpm

jrcdpm Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I cannot get the mail app to work. It will not let me delete the previous accounts. Immediately closes when I open mail. Anyone else having this problem?
  10. Kronusdark

Kronusdark New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    windows should bug you about it when you resynci personally am getting annoyed with it