issues with JBL docking station

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aeroth, Dec 5, 2007.

1. aeroth

aeroth New Member

Hello all!
    1st, thanks for all your posts, which have proved very useful to me since I got my iPod Touch.

Here's the issue I've had.
    I've recently bought a JBL radial docking station. It works well, except for synchronizing the iPod with iTunes (iTunes can't detect the iPod Touch through my station)
    --of course, the Apple Store claimed the iPod Touch and the docking device were compatible together.
    --I've made a test, docking my iPod nano into the station, and it worThe fact is that my iPod Touch is jailbroken... Can that affect synchronizing through a docking station?

Has anyone met the same problem, and... found a solution ? :-D

Thanks in advance!
    Gabe
  2. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

just cut out the middle man and plug USB straight into iPod Touch, if your usin docking station for msuik u got a comp with speakers init?
  3. mjhamilton

mjhamilton New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have this exact set up with my 16GB JB touch and it works perfectly.. have you tried a different USB cable??.. some older USB cables may not be 100% compatible... and I know the JBL didn't come with one
  4. cowjames

cowjames New Member

im having the same problem, ive tried a few different usb cables and still no luck. any ideas!?

have you got it working aeroth?

also do you have this quiet 'bumbling' sound when your ipod touch is docked but not playing music?!
  5. mjhamilton

mjhamilton New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no problems for the last 2-3 months,,.. no strange noises sync works fine.... does it make a noise when you connect the USB to the PC (e.g. Bong)...

Also have you tried with the power button on or off in the back of the radial??..

I have never tried without the power connected to the radial but I guess yours is connected also...

Are you using a USB hub??.. if so then connect directly to the PC.. can you try another PC?
  6. panheimer

panheimer New Member

I'va also have an iPod Touch and a JBL Radial and no way to sync with itunes.

Nobody has a solution?
  7. mibarrac

mibarrac New Member

No sync also. Can anyone help?

I also bought a "on stage micro" and a "Radial" JBL and cannot connect it to itunes. The usb cable comes with the radial and it is not recognized either. I have an ipod touch, i tried to sync before jailbreaking it, and also after hacking it. Still doesn't work. I've tried to get info on the internet on a solution, and nothing yet. I'm desperate, I'm thinking on returning the JBL dock just because of this.
    Someone has any solution provided by JBL support?
    Thanks
  8. gringito

gringito New Member

same issue

Hello

Same issue for me. I can't synchronize with itunes through this docking station.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help ?
  9. aeroth

aeroth New Member

hello ! n Thanks for answering !!
    I don't understand everything in your reply (i'm not a native english speaker hehehe)

Nevertheless when i plug USB directly into the iPod, yes iTunes recognizes it (fortunately)

I don't understand "comp for speakers init"
    i feel so lame now

10. aeroth

aeroth New Member

Hi ! I'm not sure what bumbling sound you're talking about. Is it, when you turn the volume waaaay up, the fast quiet "tactactac' ? Sounding like a faaaaaar away helicopter?
    If so, yes i can hear it too.

I think, when i got a bigger appartment, i'll keep that station for my iPod nano somewhere, and i'll buy another station, one with a screen maybe, just for my iPod touch

^
    (well... an appartment, AND a new station...... there's no harm in having dreams, right ? )