Issues with installing Services.app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ttdude07, Dec 27, 2007.

1. ttdude07

ttdude07 New Member

I'm running a FW 1.1.2 at the moment. I'm attempting to get SSH on my iPod but it will not let me install the Services application. I'm tried over and over and it won't budge. I tap it, it downloads, then as soon as it starts installing, it goes back to my home screen. Help?

Edit: iToggle doesn't work either. I can't install games, development, multimedia, network, or system applications.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ben471

ben471 New Member

You do not need any of those apps, when you did the jailbreak did you check the box to install SSH? If not then try installing open SSH from installer.
  3. ttdude07

ttdude07 New Member

Okay I restarted my iPod and tried installing OpenSSH and it got halfway through the install and then went back to the home screen. :\ And like I said, I can't install Utilities applications. OpenSSH is under Utilities. -_-
  4. ttdude07

ttdude07 New Member

I did try to Install SSH on jailbreak.jar after I had already performed a jailbreak. Would that make a big difference in it?
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It sounds like from what you're describing, that you've run out of space in the application/operating system partition. I'd try to uninstall a couple programs if possible and see if that makes a difference. If it is a space issue, you can install BossTool and it'll move some files onto the media partition freeing up space...
  6. ttdude07

ttdude07 New Member

It actually wasn't a space problem. I had quite a few gig left. I ended up restoring my iPod and jailbreaking it again. It works perfectly now. Thanks for all your help!
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK well, I'm guessing by your comment that you had several gigs left, that you didn't actually get it. Since I don't want to answer this next time you run out of space, there are two partitions on the iPod Touch - one for operating system/applications and one for your media (music & video). The operating system/application partition is limited to *300MB* - if you hit this limit which is easy since the operating system takes up over 150MB by itself, you'll get this error. You'll need to run BossTool to move fonts, applications, etc. over to the media partition...

Could have saved yourself a restore and jailbreak if you'd just searched the forum...