Issues with 2G ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kyoyf, Oct 16, 2009.

1. kyoyf

kyoyf New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, i've been browsing through the forum for a couple of days trying to find a solution to the problem a friend's of mine ipod has.
    He received an used ipod touch 2g, with almost no signs of use. The device works just fine (wifi, music,video etc. are all ok) except for this problem it has with the button on top of the ipod , the sleep/wake button. When he presses it the turn off slide appears and a cancel button (he obviously just wants to lock the device), he hits cancel and it goes to the home screen, then the home button and the sleep button completely stop working(the touch screen works just fine) until auto-lock activates, then the screen unlocks and the home button works just fine, but when he tries to put it to sleep using the sleep button the problem repeats itself.
    I understood from the previous owner that this problem appeared when upgrading to the new 3.1.2 firmware. I've jailbroken the device using blackra1n, but the problem still exists.
    As you can see this can be very frustrating, i'd appreciate any help you can give. Sorry if i'm breaking any rules by posting here and for my English (it's my second language).
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    if its jailbroken just download SBSettings from cydia and use the reboot, power off, lock, or safe mode options to put it to sleep.
  3. Salmanius

Salmanius Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I would try a restore. Try asking the previous owner what they did to it.
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    restore works fine too. sbsettings does too though...