Issue with the hardware - Thin Black Plastic Border

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whitestripesnet, Oct 9, 2010.

1. whitestripesnet

whitestripesnet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I picked up my iPod touch this morning and felt something strange. the top right hand corner of my iPod touch 4 was peeling up a bit. If you look right where the silver bezel ends and the screen begins, there is this real thin strip of black plastic maybe, that is between the actual screen, and the silver bezel. Well a small section in the top right hand corner basically peeled off. I have never dropped this device, but something must of happened because there is a VERY small dent in the top right hand corner, I think this is what caused that piece of black plastic border to get pushed up and eventually peeled off.

If you look closely you can see this black plastic I am talking about. Has anyone experienced this issue yet? I was planning on taking this iPod back before my year warranty is up due to the light leak issue, but I may do something about this sooner rather than later due to this current issue. So again, anyone experience this problem?
  2. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, actually on my first one I had, before I got it replaced (light leak), I noticed the exact same thing in the exact same spot (except left side), atleast I think it's the same thing you're seeing. The screen almost looked like it was off center or something, and not parallel to the sides, so there was a gap. I remember seeing it and being like "Yep, I'm taking it back" I don't think it'll cause any serious issues, but it definitely bothered me that things weren't lining up. The replacement I got has no signs of this issue. It's up to you, but like you said, you can always get it replaced before the warranty is up.
  3. Tatanka

Tatanka New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You must return,almost all 4g are low manufactured,not qualty glued(leaking problem)..If you didn't notice lcd distorsion,soon or later you will have when you press harder(TapTap...)
  4. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    photos pl0x?
  5. whitestripesnet

whitestripesnet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I will try to take a photo later, not sure if my camera is good enough quality to show it but we will see.
  6. Cwyatt

Cwyatt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Case FTW