Issue with ripping dvds?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by steve19137, Jul 15, 2009.

1. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

lately, ive been ripping dvds on my mac, and ive run into some trouble. the first dvds i used were the star wars dvds. they work nicely and i got them into itunes in 100% dvd quality. very cool with front row. those were my friends dvds. so next i thought i would rip my brothers and sisters movies to the computer so they could watch them (we have a mac mini hooked up to our hdtv in the living room). so i got madagascar and kung fu panda to work. very nice. next i tried National Treasure 2 Book of Secrets. my dvd ripping configuration is i run mactheripper the get the raw .vob files. i save them to a partition on my backup drive, then i use hand break to put them into itunes format. i get awesome results. so i ran mactheripper on the national treasure 2 dvd, and occasionally it would beep saying that its a dummy vob, do i want to delete or pad the vob. well, i didnt know what a dummy vob is, and i know what deleting a vob is, so i clicked pad the vob. when the ripping was all done, i opened hand brake, and ran the converting on the national treasure 2 files. when it was done, i clicked on the files, and itunes runs the video. the quality was fine, but the video started half way through the movie. so using vlc, i went in search of the bad vob. i found that the file named "VTS_04_1.VOB" was the dummy. so how can i fix this? it seems that this is an issue with all disney dvds. star wars dvds worked, kung fu panda and madagascar worked, so whats with the disney dvds? how do i fix this?
  2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

3. Led

Led Banned

This might not help with your problem but why don't you just use Handbrake for everything?
  4. iPortlock101

iPortlock101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had some problems with Handbrake, because of 'copy/rip prevention' on the discs themselves. So i gave up and just use *******s now.