Issue with my 2.0 download

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by xJustin, Aug 3, 2008.

1. xJustin

xJustin New Member

So I purchased and downloaded the 2.0 firmware today but apparantly it didn't install it onto my ipod touch successfully. I tried to redownload it but it never really did so and i cant find the firmware anywhere in itunes. anyone know how i can get this thing working? It said that this 2.0 firmware comes with the maps, weather, stocks, mail, etc and thats what i really wanted but i don't see it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Well... when did the error occur? Like, did it just fail to download the 2.0 firmware? Or did the problem occur while copying the firmware to the iPoT?

In either case, given that you supposedly got the firmware the legitimate way, you can always give Apple a little heads up on your problem. If they got your money, but you don't have the update, then they should give you a refund or another download of the update.

Toodles. Sorry if this didn't help~
  3. mau12345

mau12345 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    do you have a pc or a mac?
  4. xJustin

xJustin New Member

pc

there was an error and it had something to do with the backing up of the touch and i clicked cancel...
  5. mau12345

mau12345 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    check in your pc
    /USERNAME/APPDATA/ROAMING/APPLECOMPUTER/ITUNES/IPODTOUCHSOFTWAREUPDATES/

if you can't find APPDATA in USERNAME in your pc click organization, clcik options of folder and stuff or something like that, click see and find a thing that says show hidden items or something like that..

and check if in the ipodtouchsoftwareupdates folder if your 2.0 software is there
  6. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Yeah. Also, if you go to purchases you can see if you did buy the 2.0 and then try to re-download it and it should be free. If not then contact the itunes store help.
  7. mau12345

mau12345 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    any luck??