Issue with Gmail (many threads)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JuniorNA, Oct 23, 2007.

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

Sep 18, 2007

I added it to my email settings...but EVERY time I add it, it downloades like 200 messages. I checked my gmail account, there is NOTHING there. not in spam, not in trash, nothing.

I disabled pop, then enabled POP, and chose ONLY retreive messages sent as of NOW.

Did that 100 times, everytime i add that account to my touch, it downloads 200 messages.

I figured, what the hell, i'll just delete them all on the touch, and guess what , they came back in an hour. No idea where they are coming from.

Also, i paid 20 bucks for yahoo forwarding, and its nowhere near as good as gmail. once you forward, you cant see the email in yahoo anymore, it just forwards and does not leave a copy on the server.

Also, once I setup yahoo mail on the touch, via pop. yahoo mail, on the website, was slow as watching grass grow, the minute i disabled my email account on the ipod touch, it was fine somehow, its slowing yahoo down when i add the account onto the touch.

any help?
  2. Oliver G

Oliver G New Member

Sep 23, 2007
  3. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Oct 11, 2007
    First of all in the mail settings, choose "25 recent messages". And then before you open mail on your ipod login to your gmail from your browser (on your PC) then open the mail application. It will attempt to download messages a coupla times, delete them manually and you shouldnt recieve anymore repeats after that (worked on mine).

Sometimes sending yourself an email from your browser or ipod fixes this aswell.