Isn't this the truth?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Germany, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germany

Germany Banned

As most of us know, the iPhone is a pretty popular device. It was hyped up so much before it's first release and then again for the 3g. Sure, it has a phone with average service quality that is greatly overpriced. But it has a phone. And it seems that the phone part of the iPod is really the only major difference from the scaled down iPod Touch.

The second generation iPod Touch is especially close to the iPhone. Just without that $100 bill each month. You see, the iPhone lacks necessary features for a high end phone you expect to be getting when you purchase it. Below is a diagram to help you see what your getting for all of that money.

Please Register or Log in to view images

You see, the iPhone does win. Barely. It has a touch screen and a phone. The iPod Touch has a touch screen and no phone which saves you that $100 every single month. The iPod Touch is definitely a better product. Get yourself an average phone with an average plan for less than $25 a month and enjoy the iPod Touch and your extra $75 a month.

Think about it, is Apple really trying to get you a great phone? No. It lacks obvious features yet you have to fork out loads of money to have the phone. Be smart, and go for the iPod Touch.
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That's usually how things work with technology nowadays...
  3. Germany

Germany Banned

Especially with Apple. Most of their products are great, but they overprice so much. It is ridiculous how much money they make sometimes. I still enjoy the technology though.
  4. celticmoon

celticmoon Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it really a fair comparison, pitting a 1st gen rock against a 3rd gen iphone? At least use a 3rd gen rock with upgraded mineralization.
  5. Germany

Germany Banned

Rofl. Seriously though, Apple needs to fix all of those red X's. The device is great, so it should include the obvious features you expect from a great phone.

Is this better celticmoon? Lol.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    my iphone 3g has a video recorder, mms, and 16gb which is bigger than any expandable memory card, so you fail. and the internet on the ipod touch is worthless because you have to have wifi so you fail twice because there is barely wifi anywhere. iphone FTW
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There is wifi almost everywhere you need it.
  8. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    • Flaming and/or trolling
    i live in downtown seattle and there is literally two wifi sources. my house, and the free downtown wifi which runs at like 10kb/sec. so no there isnt wifi almost everywhere i need it. there is wifi exactly everywhere i dont need it. iphone FTW
  9. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

First of, iPhone 3G is way better than an iPod Touch ( i had an ipod upgraded to the phone.)

And also, you can write the EXACT SAME THING about any product

Does a rock have the ability to stop time? No, and neither does for example a phone, does that mean the phone sucks? By your logic, it does. Stupidest chart ever
  10. Germany

Germany Banned

Okay, I'll just let you continue paying your $100 a month then. Enjoy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.