islsk

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kimmerz, Jun 7, 2008.

1. kimmerz

kimmerz New Member

I have islsk and download songs just fine but I didn't read the pop up that tells you what to do to stop the songs from being deleted when you plug your ipod in again so how do I set my itunes to stop it from deleting my downloaded songs?
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

In iTunes,

Edit-->Preferences-->Syncing-->[Check] Disable automatic syncing for all iPhones and iPods
  3. kimmerz

kimmerz New Member

thanks done that so when i put another cd on itunes i've got to tell it to sync yea? and just so I know how would I do that lol, I know I sound thick but ive always had it on auto sync and nout else.
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Do you mean if you add music, how will you get it on the iPod without it being deleted?

If so, SSH and go to where the iSlsk music is stored, I believe var/mobile/Media/Download, and then place it in a folder on your computer, and just drag and drop the music into your iTunes library. Then go ahead and sync. Your music from iSlsk (wrongly categorized) will be deleted since you synced but since you dragged and dropped, it is still there (correctly categorized) and you can go ahead syncing normally.
  5. kimmerz

kimmerz New Member

no like when I buy a new cd and put it on itunes so i can have it on my ipod how do i do that? going back to the old fashioned way now of just simpley slipping a cd into the laptop and it going onto itunes then onto the ipod lol. because now I've disabled the auto sync i'm not sure how to add legit songs from a cd to my ipod without losing my downloaded ones. i'm sure I'll work it out but I just wanted to be told so I know, if any of that makes sense.
  6. smirkis

smirkis New Member

he jus told you how.

use ssh or iphonebrowser(not sure if it works with touch?) and pull the music you used islsk to download with from the folder under var/mobile/media/download, save it to ur computer. open itunes, drag it from ur saved spot on ur computer into ur itunes. once you've done that, click the icon in itunes at the bottom right that says "sync". now all ur islsk music is correctly on ur ipod, and you can add more music legitly by cd or however you normally do, but instead of it auto sync'ing, you needa click that sync button every time u want it to sync
  7. kimmerz

kimmerz New Member

no i'm not saying i want to save my downloaded songs to my computer.
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

You have too if you want to add songs.

If you sync then iTunes will delete the songs you downloaded with iSlsk.

I'm not aware of any other way, so just follow the steps above and you'll be set.
  9. kimmerz

kimmerz New Member

oh i'm confused I just thought you had to disable the itunes automatically syncing songs over, just ignore me i'll have a look 2moz as I'm to tired to know what even I'm on about now.lol.
  10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    When you plug in your iPod, on the iTunes iPod info screen, select Manually manage music and videos.