Island in the Sky Mark II

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by MrBrightside, Nov 26, 2008.

1. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Not really worth an extra thread, but my other design was fastly being pushed under the new avatar threads so had to make a new one. Reason being because I need to make a picture for a project so Ive changed it a bit and need some confirmation that it looks alright. If anyone has any ideas then feel free. And goodnight.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Germany

Germany Banned

Much better color choice in my mind. It is a lot more lively and really looks nice. Great job, and I'll be waiting to see more of your work!
  3. MrBrightside

Thankyou very much, I agree. For some reason, the colours remind me of the Coldplay iPod ad I think.

I can only follow tutorials at the moment, but I like to add my own parts to it which I think ive done. Hopefully I'll be making more. Good luck in your photoshopping as well. Get that problem sorted?
  4. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Fantastic looking. I like the colors you used for the sky.
  5. Germany

Germany Banned

Yes, I took your advice and made my own gradient. Then when I was finished, I cropped it to an 18 radius like you said. I put it on a new transparent layer and it worked like a charm. Thanks for your help. Btw, I have a new icon thread up in Themes, icons, and wallpapers. Check that out.

Back to your work, I could tell you were getting better even from the last one. The color scheme is much better and your cropping has improved also. You are better than me and you are also learning, so it's helpful for me to have someone to turn to who has experienced a lot of the same things.
  6. MrBrightside

Thanks Hitman (Y)

Glad it worked mate. Its nice to hear that, I need good comments at the moment to boost me. The project is me thinking of making a big collage for a friend for christmas so I'll be trying to more of this type of picture over the next couple of weeks. Feel free to PM any problems or any ideas you have and I'll do my best.

More comments please everyone =]

EDIT: I forgot to say, this collage im planning to do may include photos. I have a number of photos I took of landscapes and roses a while back (my friend is a girl) some of them being edited on a computer, so I might be making a new thread with a few photos soon to see if they are good enough, depending if Im brave enough. Good idea?