iShare: Using Sendspace to download music (How to play?)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by paltonae, Dec 11, 2007.

1. paltonae

paltonae New Member

I have searched high and low for a solution to this, if someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. If this has already been covered I could not find it.

Problem: I have iShare installed and have uploaded a few songs to my Sendspace account. I have downloaded said files to my iPod and they are the correct type to play on the iPod. I try to move the files to where I think they should go, in media, itunes or the different mobilemusic.app folders. Nowhere I have tried to put them seems to work. Has anyone been able to put a song on sendspace, download it through iShare, and move it to where it needs to be and been able to play it?

Once again, thank you to ANYONE that is able to answer this question.

~Paltonae
  2. Googleman

Googleman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think thats not possible because theres no access to the songs library, someone correct me if im wrong
  3. paltonae

paltonae New Member

I was starting to suspect there was something in place that was preventing me from seeing my music...do you know if there's a workaround for that? I'm using iFinder to search and move things. I've heard of Squid, would that be able to access my music?

~Paltonae
  4. Googleman

Googleman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no, because the music, videos etc. can only be synced using iTunes because theres a unaccesible partition on the iPod hard disk and theres where this files are located, no idea if theres someone working on this
  5. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    put the songs in ~/Downloads (u may have to make that folder) or ~/Media/Documents. then download this app http://ericasadun.com/ftp/Test/
    (its sendfile.zip). put it in applications, open it, and your songs should appear there. You can email them, share them, and play them.
  6. Googleman

Googleman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    is this app on installer?
  7. moon ra

moon ra New Member

It's on installer but you should install the modded version (the one 2 posts above)
  8. paltonae

paltonae New Member

downloaded the app and installed it, placed the song in the right folder and got the option to "play audio" but nothing happens. This is a .m4p file btw.

So close!

~Paltonae
  9. frølle

frølle New Member

I just tried to download sandfile to see if it would work for me. And it did.... don't know why it didn't for you

Please Register or Log in to view images