Is winpwn going to receive an update???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by almrow, Aug 2, 2008.

1. almrow

almrow Member

Hi, I want to know if winpwn is going to receive an update to do the jailbreak 2.0 more easily cuz as I've read in many threads lot of IpodTouchOwners' ( I.T.O, sorry for the long extension) are not very convinced (including me) to upgrade due the way you have to do it (sounds easy but...... =/ [not too convinced] ) and also the bugs that are encountered after the upgrade. A newer version of Winpwn would be very helpful in doing the process of upgrading (more easy), less bugs after the upgrade and finally more safely

Please Register or Log in to view images

.Thanks for reading and I hope the answers of the very dedicated and specialized persons who always are trying to help the community.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JonTheAzn

JonTheAzn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    according to cmw's winpwn blog there will be a new winpwn (2.5) soon and by the looks of the screen shot really easy, hopefully it's not just gui enhancements though
  3. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

yes winpwn will get a update to make it more like pwnage on the mac
  4. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    winpwn 2.5 coming soon, stay tuned
  5. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well what i would do is use pwnage it much more stable see if a friend or someone has a mac you could use to do it. It simple you just restore to 2.0 make a custom fw with pwnage using the 2.0 fw then use pwnage to pwn itunes it will ask you to put ipod into dfu mode then restore with itunes it real simple. And for the bugs i think ppl just complain cuz they don't like cydia i haven't had a single problem since jail breaking 2.0