Is winpwn crashing on you? [fix]

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by thebig01, Jul 27, 2008.

1. thebig01

thebig01 New Member

if winpwn is crashing on you while you make your custom ipsw file, or if it's giving you a 24mb file, make sure you're on windows xp service pack 3 and you have all the updates.

It worked for me. I read about this tip somewhere here, I thought I'd say it again cause a lot of people seem to be having this problem.
  2. Relic073

Relic073 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The New WinPwn 2.0.0.3 fixes all that stuff...now you dont need to do allt hat stuff you said

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. thebig01

thebig01 New Member

Actually, 2.0.0.3 didn't fix it because that was the only version of winpwn I've ever used. So this is just a work around until it's really fixed. Most people probably already have SP3 if they have automatic updates on.
  4. daio

daio Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    WinPwn crashes shortly before coimpleting the build of the custom ipsw file. Dumps and drashes out.

Windows XP SP2.

I had tried xWinPwn before and that worked for me, cydia also worked but then I installed a bossprefs update which put the ipod into a state of getting very hot whilst showing the apple logo. Full restore with the original IPSW file was the only way for me to use the ipod again.

Will await the next release of winpwn before going further. I cannot install SP3 for Windows XP as this kills my laptop (BSOD).

I may also try one more time but without the custom logo that I had chosen, although surely that cannot be the cause of the crash.
  5. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    apparently the new winpwn won't crash on vista so i'm sure a lot of the stuff are fixed. not everything but most.