Is voice control as good as everyone says?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kassiebby1124, Sep 20, 2009.

1. kassiebby1124

kassiebby1124 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Money's tight, and I'd be happy with a 8GB 2nd Gen, but is voice control really that good? I don't think I should make my mom spend an extra 100 dollars...but what do you think?
  2. nitokenshi

nitokenshi New Member

I don't think it's worth it . There is no built in mic so you would have to spend more money to buy an attachment mic to use it if you wanted to use another pair of headphones.

The 2G you can get something like this be able to change the songs without looking. Not expensive I picked one up at target for $20 I believe.
  3. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Voice control is very good, at least for me. However, if money is tight, I bet you can do just fine with double-clicking the home button to bring up the controls. With that extra $100, you get earphones with remote and mic, 24 more gb of memory, and a few other things that I don't remember. It's also faster with the 32 and 64gb versions. But if you're just looking for music playing, 2nd gen should be good for you.
  4. kassiebby1124

kassiebby1124 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks both of you :]
  5. synchac

synchac New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think $100 are worth for tons of storage and faster CPU.

It's just my opinion.
  6. wtfiwantgames

wtfiwantgames Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    is not just the voice over, they also have more memory and faster CPU, is 8gb is fine if you want to save $100
  7. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Voiceover itself shouldn't be a selling point unless you really need it, like if you have vision problems. I personally don't use it outside of showing it off because you just look crazy talking to yourself in public

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    i never heard anyone say voice control is good around here except on this thread,my closest friend,me,and my family...anywhere else i never heard anyone say it was good but if i were you i would get a 32GB iPod touch 3G because you pay $100 more for 24 more GB...and that extra space is there just incase...ive only used 7GB of my 32GB but im nkt even done syncing everything...its worth it to get the iPod touch 3G...im happy with mine (i used to be a 1G user)

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    voice control is useless. I cant get it to do anything apart from open my music. I say "michael jackson" it goes to russell peters stand up comedy.
  10. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    lol +1 ^^