Is this touch an ''upgraded'' 2g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xbigbleezayx, Jun 25, 2010.

1. xbigbleezayx

xbigbleezayx New Member

Model number MC086ll/A and the other number is A1288 which I looked on apples website and it said A1288 was the 2G so I'm confused. I'm trying to upgrade to untethered JB and I got the 3G 3.1.3 firmware and tried to upgrade from 3.1.2 but itunes said firmware is not compatible. I'm downloading the 2g firmware now but can someone shed some light on this for me? It is currently jailbroken using blackra1n and its tethered. I'm trying to jailbreak using spirit. Any assistance is appreciated.

And before someone tells me to search the forums, I already did and didn't find an answer
  2. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's a 3G
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The reason it isn't restoring to 3.1.3 is because Apple isn't signing it anymore. They are only signing 4.0 so that's the only way to restore. Also since it's giving you that error you know it's a 3G because of MC in model number and that it isn't letting you restore to the file.
  4. xbigbleezayx

xbigbleezayx New Member

So you're saying that I have to wait till a jailbreak comes out for 4.0 or is there a way around it?
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You'll have to wait unless you backed up your SHSH blob for 3.1.3.
  6. xbigbleezayx

xbigbleezayx New Member

Darn i didn't do that. I never even upgraded to 3.1.3. Well thanks for the help guys. Looks like its gonna be a long waiting game before i can turn my ipod off normally