Is this smart idea or is this even going to work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fashiongeek, Aug 18, 2009.

1. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

This is my plan buy contract cancel in a week pay first termination fee and activate with jailbreaking and pop up my old simcard then go with normal plan no data plan is this going to work

the concern is that I'm in Canada and only gsm provider is Rogers but I have simcard from Rogers with my old phone can I activate that phone and take out that simcard put it in my iPhone gs and have normal plan of course turn off edge and 3g hey I'm getting mote features than my touch so is this going to work tell me or can I go with anyother provider and buy just simcard and pop it the provider that is not gsm

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Andrew2

Andrew2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, that post doesn't make much sense. But yes, you can buy it on contract and then pay the cancellation fee, you also have to pay the first month.

Yes, you can also use any GSM sim card once you unlock the phone. However to the best of my knowledge Rogers is the only one with sim cards in Canada (except Fido but they're the same company). Bell and Telus are supposed to be moving over to GSM but I have no idea when the completion date is going to be.

I'm currently looking for a cheap iPhone to do just that.

So yes, in short, that will work.
  3. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

But my old phone ws not gsm based on phone but does itmatter??
    Let me summarize for ya what I says

Basically cancelling is cheaper than buying without contract

if I jailbreak and activate it rite after jailbreak it should be able to activate
    then I go Rogers and activate my old sim card then pop that one to iPhone and turn off edge or any data plan u said this is going to work??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Before I pop up simcard I can't use edge rite so before I do that I turn off edge and 3g
  4. Andrew2

Andrew2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Heres what you HAVE to do for you plan to work:

Buy iPhone on a 3year contract from Rogers. Activate it. Unlock it. Call and cancel your contract. Pay cancellation fee, pay for first month etc. Get a new plan without data. Either from Rogers or Fido, or if your old phone is from one of those two companies you can use THAT sim card. Turn off 3G or call Rogers and ask them to block all data on your account as not to incur any data penalty fees.

Then it will work.
  5. endrewsmith

endrewsmith New Member

Do you have any idea how much Rogers charge for early termination fee?
  6. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

And it will be same as my normal cell rite?? So I can use my old cell phone simcard
    and like activate it like when u jailbreak it doesn't that automatically activate it I'm not nerd so I'm still learning so and I just cancel it how can i get a new plan u mean my iPhone or on my old simcard??? Sry about that I'm not just getting it kinda
    I think it's around 180 and total will be like 500 but hey cheaper than 890 for 32 gb
  7. Andrew2

Andrew2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    $400 plus the first month and taxes

You go to a Rogers store and say hello I would like a basic voice plan. No jailbreaking the phone has nothing t do with activating it. Activating it is done through Rogers.

If the phone you are using right now has a sim card then you can unlock the iPhone pop the sim card from your current phone IN not ON or UP and it will work the way it did on your old phone.
  8. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

So like u said get iPhone cancel activate pay fee unlock and go Rogers activate my simcard then pop up to iPhone rite sry about that I'm little slow and I heard if I get caught by using data they will add it without permission that's what AT&T do is that true
    also all I have to do is what u said rite on the above
    Have u tried it
  9. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    It does work, but the cancelation fee costs a butt load.
  10. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

Pop in*

Please Register or Log in to view images

But isn't it cheaper than on contract like pay 1000 bucks for two years
    If it's expensive I rafter buy iPhone on eBay and do it wouldn't that work
    If I buy in eBay how can I activate without having data plan
    too much questions sry