Is this possible?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Onlinegamesnz, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Onlinegamesnz

Onlinegamesnz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So I've made a lead to plug my guitar in and record on with applications like fourtrack and amplitube ( which are amazingly great apps). I was woundering If it would be possible to wire up a lead with a RJ45 plug on it for pinging networks etc. This would be wiring through the dock connector which I beleive has an input of some kind on it. Would this be possible?
  2. jakey103

jakey103 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Theoretically, yes. But it would be time consuming, to say the least.
  3. Onlinegamesnz

Onlinegamesnz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have time. Any chance you could explain how. This would be extremely helpful for work
  4. beatle_mop

beatle_mop New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Can I ask how u made the lead from the guitar to the itouch? Cus I tried to make one for my iPod touch 3G and it didn't work. Like nothin happed in amplitube and wen I go into the voice memo app and click record it says no mic connected.

Otherwise I'm interested in the dock one too.
  5. Onlinegamesnz

Onlinegamesnz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    check you have the correct common on the plug into the ipod. Apple chageded this so that you cant use regular AV leads. then get a 6.5 felame plug and a 3.5 female. the mic cable goes to the 6.5 for the guitar and the other two cable ( R + L Audio ) to the 3.5. Loop the commons. i found you need to plug it in before launching the app. if you change your input source (plug a mic in) while the app is still open, you need to restart it again.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    someone PLEEAAAASSEEE tell me how to wire up the RJ45 for a touch
  6. beatle_mop

beatle_mop New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    this is a diagram i made to work off. im only using one channel so would maybe make a difference?

otherwise i donno. cus my apple mic/headphones work. everythings connected right.

thanks anyway tho

Attached Files: