Is this possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rats and Gods, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Rats and Gods

Rats and Gods New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have a Jailbroken iPhone 2G and after jailbreaking, I have this assumption that pretty much anything and everything CAN be done to the phone to alter it's appearance whether it be through themes or just by going into iFile or SSH. So basically, I have a font on my laptop (pc, not mac) that I would like to use for the text in the sliders on my phone without using a theme (or possibly making a theme specifically for this [I haven't the faintest clue how to do this though]). Not all the text on my phone, but just the sliders (ie. "Slide to Unlock", "Slide to Power Off", "Slide For Emergency", etc). Is there a way for me to put the font I want on my iPhone and then use it specifically for the sliders and nothing else? If so, I would be greatly appreciative for some assistance. Even Paypal a few bucks for your time if able to successfully help me complete my task. Anyway, thanks for your time in advance.
  2. Rats and Gods

Rats and Gods New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I already know how to change what the slider says. I'm wondering if there is some sort of code (if you will) that I can input to make just the sliders read in a differnt font. If I could find where the font is listed for that specific part of the phone, then I could just change that and then input what I want it to say easily and it would look exactly as I want.

Not sure what it was but the link you posted doesn't seem to work.
  3. Rats and Gods

Rats and Gods New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Or does anyone know how to just make the whole slider a pic? I don't care if you can move a slider across it.
  4. biglarge

biglarge New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would try googling the question and see if it has info. I use cydia and winterboard and it has alot of apps and fonts.
  5. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Google is your friend

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Rats and Gods

Rats and Gods New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have definitely tried Google and the closest thing I found was how to port a font to the iphone. Nothing about switching only the slider text font.
  7. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There is an application in Cydia called Fontswap. It will allow you to change just the slider font if that's what you're choosing to do. You will need to add the font to it though.
  8. Rats and Gods

Rats and Gods New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have FontSwap but can't seem to find how to get it to allow the slider font to be changed. I have a tutorial somewhere showing me how to add the font. Any help will be appreciated.