Is this possible?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by brendanm, Feb 1, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hi,

I'm part of the Demon Dev Team and we are currently looking for a way of a un-tethered jail-break. Firstly, I'd like to see the behavior of a tethered jail-break to give me a better idea of what I'm getting myself into as I'm just joining the development side on my team, it was mostly online at first.

I have a 56K Connection, if anyone isn't aware it's dial-up and the download speed is only 3 Kb/s and upload is only 1 Kb/s.

I have a few questions:

Is it possible to jail-break a 2.2 firmware and extract it from the iPod Touch or another folder on my computer? I cannot download a file any bigger then 40MB due to my connection speed, it'll take days if not weeks...

What was this talk about voiding the warranty, does this void the iPod Touch's warranty in any way? My folks do not support my little development side, I went through 9 Motorola Krzr K1/s when I went to develop the new firmware and 'unlock' it from its sealed tight Rogers firmware, which is what lead me to bricking EVERY single one, Rogers replaced them all on their cost saying it was a 'software glitch'.

Thanks for any feed-back on this,

Brendan
  2. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    1.no
    2.if you jailbreak you void your warranty,when you restore you renew it

youre not much of a dev team if you dont know the simplest things like these
  3. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No way at all are you an the dev-team.
  4. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He said he's in the "Demon" dev-team, a dev-team created in the fantasy world in his dreams

Please Register or Log in to view images