Is this possible? (HELP, GOT AN IPOD TOUCH A FEW WEEKS AGO)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Mik2121, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Mik2121

Mik2121 New Member

Hi everyone. This is my first post here and I'm kind of 'noob' in all the iPod jailbreaking thing.

So... here at my house I don't have WiFi and I have seen most of the ways to jailbreak the iPod is checking some site via wifi or whatnot.

Anyway, I have right now the update 1.1.3 and I am not really that much into jailbreak applications, just the themes (I wanna make one for myself), so.. just for that, is it possible without using Wifi, just the USB wire..?.

Thanks in advance! :3

(uhm the thread title should be 'GOT AN* IPOD TOUCH...')
  2. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

theres no jailbreak for 1.1.3 yet
  3. Boznian

Boznian New Member

1. If you don't want Phone, Mail, GPS, Weather, Games like Supermario, and much more you must be crazy or dumb.

2. If you're just into themes, you don't even have to jailbreak. Just set up Total Command and edit the default theme with the .pngs

3. Search for Total Commander and the T-poT Plug-in on google, you'll find it quick.
  4. Mik2121

Mik2121 New Member

Uhm.. I installed Total Commander and the T-PoT plugin and when I access the iPod I only get to see a couple files. I checked on the google site and it said I had to jailbreak the ipod...

So...
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In order to do themes, you need Summerboard (which you can only get by jailbreaking). In order to jailbreak you need wifi (I'm sure there is a coffee shop or a McDonalds by you, those places usually have wifi).

The reason you can only see a few things is because 1.1.3 is tightly locked up for the time being. Once it's file system is unlocked and jailbroken you can add themes. Until then, your only possibility is downgrading.

Hope that clears things up

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Boznian

Boznian New Member

No, Not true...Isn't there the default theme files somewhere? There has to be wallpaper.png and etc. somewhere that will auto come up when you ReSpring...