Is this Piracy?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Cam, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Can I post a link to an .ISO file? It's an extremely rare PS1 game from 1998. It's Japan-exclusive, and went out of print in 1999, therefore it would be impossible to procure a physical copy from a retail + wholesale market.
  2. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wait but if you post it, them someones gonna spend time making it took completely genuine, then sell it to a japanese person
  3. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    To a certain extent it would be considered piracy solely on the ideal that it once, proved to have a price and made revenue from its said price, but since it's not necessarily on the market anymore, and no longer purchasable either it couldn't be considered piracy, but it lays on a thin line nonetheless. But it's all based on opinion in the end. One varies from the other, I personally say no.
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If it was sold before from a retailer don't ever post it here. It still illegal. At least you ask before posting.
  5. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I thought roms had a point where if the console was obsolete it was free to share and use. I forgot where I saw that but.
    Edit: No its 120 years, Damn. Thats a long time. I call time travel to 2141 we will have like every rom now adays free then.
  6. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    In retrospect, I find it okay. It was never released in North America/Europe, it was in print for a few months, the developer AND publisher went bankrupt, and nearly 90% of physical copies are sold through personal Auction sites.
  7. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Is it copyrighted?
  8. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Go ask BGizzle or the SuperMods. Not the Mods. But the Supers. They will take your judgment.
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

It is copyrighted material, no matter how rare it may be. Furthermore, I will guarantee that /you/ were not granted rights to distribute.

That is piracy. Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.