is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by lavidaloca, Jul 19, 2008.

1. lavidaloca

lavidaloca New Member

i jailbroke (lol is theres such a word?) my itouch using iliberty 1.3

however, when i update the installer app via the update function of installer, after restarting, it just hangs for a long time, then i just give up and restore it. also installed the bsd subsystem and open ssh via the payloads tab

also, when i add in the list under sources for cydia [apptap.saurik.com], it takes forever to load, is this supposed to be normal ? if not, what am i doing wrong and how can i remedy it ?

thanks alot in advance

edit: i forgot to mention, i'm running 1.1.4, just upgraded to 1.1.5, but if can somebody can tell me what i'm doing wrong, i'll downgrade to 1.1.4 and try again!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

u might have a lot of sources therefor making it take longer to load sources
  3. lavidaloca

lavidaloca New Member

i know, there're a few sources, but it shouldn't take THIS long to load right ? makes it feel like my itouch has hung

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    exactly how long does it take? if you have good wi-fi it shouldn't take more then 10 minutes.
  5. lavidaloca

lavidaloca New Member

wait, so 10 minutes is considered normal? my wifi is pretty fast, but kinda slow on my ipod for some reason. i waited for 5 minutes after updating installer to 3.11, and it appeared to have hung while loading. so waiting longer would work?