Is This Normal?

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Axis, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm already on my second MacBook pro due to a case defect. I now feel that I might have another one. This may very well be that I am just paranoid and creating my own flaws, but please tell me what you think.

When the screen is closed, if I brush my fingers over the Apple logo or its surrounding area, that whole section of the aluminum case gets depressed. (I am not doing this with much force either. I'm with a little give, but this seems to be more than that.

Also, when the top case is depressed, I feel that I may be damaging the LCD screen, which now flickers very slightly for a moment upon return from Sleep. These are supposed to be instant-on LED backlit.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would talk to the genius dudes about the Depression thing. Sleep mode is never instant on. I think they mean that the screen comes on when you open the lid and the MacBook is still running normally. Personally, I find sleep mode to be the most useless part of a Laptop. Just set Sleep to never and backlight to 1 minute.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Thank you. I am just a bit annoyed because this will be my second trip to a Genius in two days.