Is this Legal?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by iBricked, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok I have an app called "Zenonia 2" but the version I have is V1.4 if its possible am I allowed to download a lower version or the app legally for free? So if I bought the app can I say crack and use a lower version myself. Mods please say something if this is illegal because I am not sure.
  2. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes it is illegal even if you own the app; this is the same w/ the case of having roms for "game" even when you own "game".

And have you tried checking your recycle bin?

Edit: and you can not download a lower version legally for free unless Gamevil sends it to you[somehow]...
  3. piplipa

piplipa New Member

@wmcwmc, it is completely legal, because he purchased the game already, as long as the price of the old version is either equal to or lower than the price you paid. Go ahead and do it, it's legal my friend.
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I know not to say this but I heard its legal to get a rom or extract a rom even if you had the game, there are mixed answers here so I would like to wait some more time instead of misjudging using the post count method.
  5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Whatever about the morality/legality of it, any form of piracy whatsoever (including cracking games you downloaded yourself) may not be discussed on MTF.

Also, in the US, extracting ROM images/downloading ROMs 'as a backup' is illegal, regardless of whether you own it or not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.